It requires skills to grow marijuana indoors. I have learned this skill through years of experience and extensive research. But you don’t have to go through the same process since I am putting up what I have learned altogether on this site. The knowledge I have acquired for decades of learning can now be yours with just a few hours of reading as you use this site as your guide.
A lot of people are less interested in growing marijuana because they think it is too hard. Well, this can be true, unless you have read the posts on this site. I will teach you the easiest way to do it. You will not only learn how to grow the best marijuana weeds but I guarantee that their yields will be very tempting as well when it comes to their taste and aroma.
For this guide to work, you must follow it accordingly and learn the ideas taught by heart. And don’t worry, every page here relates to the topic. Hence, you wouldn’t find them confusing. And I have written them using the simplest terms possible so all readers will understand; which I believe all guides must be, to serve their purpose well.
Its scientific name is “Cannabis Sativa”. However, everyone refers to it as “weed”, “trees”, “pot” and “bud”. This comes from an Indian Hemp Plant and commonly used as narcotic. The leaves and the flowers are the ones used in a cigarette form. After drying these parts, they will then be crushed and taken as a cigarette.
Inhalers can affect the body in different levels. Of course, this will depend on the quality of marijuana used. The weather has great influence on the growth quality of the plant as well. Same is true with the techniques and methods used. The quality is gauged according to the plant’s potency, aroma, and taste.
As you learn how to grow marijuana, you will enjoy doing the task. Such insight will serve as a helpful tool as you start a business with marijuana as your main product. There is a cost-effective way to grow this type of weed. And once you master the skill to do it, except for a lot of profit in return.
When taken, marijuana causes different effects on the body. And all these are caused by cannabinoids; a chemical content of the plant.
Important Elements for Marijuana to Grow
When growing cannabis, you need to pay special attention to the following factors:
- Growing medium
- Environmental effects
As you understand how these factors affect the growth of Marijuana plant, you will know how to handle them well and end up successful in your marijuana growing project. If you think that learning all of these can be overwhelming then you are wrong. I will make things simple for you. I will teach you how to grow first-class marijuana with topmost quality. All that is required from you is to follow the steps given accordingly.
Marijuana users would say they feel “high” when taking this weed. This is the result of taking in Cannabinoids. It has a psychoactive property which influences your mind and body. However, the level of “highness” will all depend on the quality of the plant which can be traced back on how it was grown.
What gets you high when taking marijuana is the Tetrahydrocannabinol. This is one type of cannabinoid which can be found in other flowers. However, cannabis or female flowers of marijuana contain a high content of it.
When used as a drug
Though some people have a negative perception about marijuana, you need to know that it plays an important role in the field of medicine. Among its medical effects are as follows:
- Stress reliever
- Changes mood
- Improves thinking process
- Pain relief
- Positive thoughts and better ideas
- Manage nausea
- Combat addiction
- Relief of stress or tension
- Solves sleeplessness
- Treats dizziness and headache
- Manages anxiety
Now that you have known more about marijuana, you are ready to learn how to cultivate it. You need to be familiar with how this weed is grown, what’s the suitable procedure on your site and probable factors that would fail you in your project.
Like any other plant, marijuana can be grown inside or outside your home. And yes, this weed can grow in both conditions. It is all up to you to adopt the one that is most feasible in your area.
Planting marijuana outdoor can be difficult too without proper guidance, hence the reason why this site was created in the first place. This is packed with guides and instructions on how to make the planting process easier and effective. I will teach you how the outdoor environment can affect the plant’s quality and production. And though there are disadvantages to planting marijuana outdoor, this does not mean I am discouraging you from doing it. The only reason why pros and cons are mentioned on this site is for you to make an informed decision as to where you will plant the weed.
- It is affordable with free and natural light from the sun
- Has good ventilation
- Temperature regulation is not necessary. External elements like humidity and air are controlled by nature itself.
- The plant is healthier since it is grown in a natural environment.
- It is more profitable than indoor planting, making it a good medium if intended for a business.
- Has greater production compared to indoor planting.
- Light exposure can’t be controlled. Note that the productivity and quality of the plant will greatly depend on its light exposure. Excess of this can have a devastating impact to the weed.
- The plant is prone to insect infestations and infections.
- Exposure to animals and other people may spoil the baby cannabis plant.
- Disorganized pollination may happen.
For some reason, you may want to grow marijuana indoor. This can be possible. However, you need to consider the fact that this would mean not giving the weed the open air nourishment that it can get outside. Indoor gardening has its sets of pros and cons. However, you need to know that there are some techniques you can employ to grow high-quality marijuana despite all the disadvantages of an indoor condition. You just need to learn about the plant’s growing process and follow all the guidance offered by this site to ensure high productivity in your indoor growing marijuana business.
Below are the pros and cons of growing marijuana indoor:
- You have more control on the environment
- With more control, it will be easier to grow the best quality weed.
- You can regulate everything the plant needs to grow which includes the air, humidity, lighting, soil, water, nutrients, temperature and many others.
- The plant does not need to go through its usual delicate growing cycle.
- You can have control of your plant’s flowering and this is something that you can’t do when growing marijuana outdoor.
- You can control the plant’s light exposure, something that you can’t do on outdoor plants.
- Excessive light exposure can cause a chemical reaction and triggers enzyme activity.
- Keeping the plant indoor is a good way to secure it from insects and virus.
- The Ganja community recommends indoor marijuana planting.
- Some experts are strong in their stand that outdoor planting is still the best choice since it receives natural light from the sun and not any artificial lamp installed indoor.
- Nothing beats a natural photosynthesis process and this can only happen outdoor.
- There is less ventilation indoor.
- Regulating the temperature, lighting, and humidity is easier said than done. Since you are growing a delicate plant, proper guidance must be given.
- With limited space indoor, there will be a limit on the number of crops you can plant as well.
- Indoor conditions can also have an effect on the weed’s height.
The soil is the usual medium used for growing any type of crop. This is also an affordable choice and very reliable. However, your other option is hydroponics. This is using water and nutrients to cultivate the growth of a marijuana plant.
If you want to experiment on hydroponics, you need to know that this will require constant monitoring. The chemical solution used must be precise; otherwise, this will damage the plant. If you are a first-timer in marijuana growing business then your best option is using soil. This is especially true if you want to grow the weed the simplest way possible. The only advantage with a hydroponic medium is greater productivity in a short period of time. However, you have to take the risk about the plant’s potency as well.
Soil planting can take a lot of time. However, your long time of waiting will reward you with a tempting yield. But more than that, this entails lesser risk compared to a hydroponic medium.
Now, you are ready to learn how to grow green and lush marijuana. Pay close attention to the next step by step guide I am about to teach you. Everything was written in proper order so you wouldn’t be confused as you read through the instructions.
The seed is the product of female and male sexual propagation. It resembles a sleeping embryo. High quality or healthy seeds can only be produced by healthy parents. If you want the best for your cannabis plant in terms of color, length, quality, and aroma, you have to do it correctly right from the start. And this is by planting a good seed.
So, your first task is to look for a high-quality marijuana seed. This should be light brown in color and hard. If it is soft with greenish color, this means it is not yet ready for germination or has not yet reached its maturity. If you want this to be result-oriented, choose the strong and healthy ones. You can check this guide about how to choose a quality seed bank.
Once the best seed has been found, you can now germinate the seed. This is when you will keep the mature or healthy seeds in an environment that allows the seed to break down and create a root shaped sprout that is white in color, dropping downward.
Note: Out of 10 seeds, only 2 will become healthy female marijuana plants. The rest will simply grow as male plants or even spoil.
Germination can never take place without the 3 needed elements; (1) air, (2) moisture, and (3) heat. Once germination took place, you need to get rid of the less developed sprouts or male plants and cultivate the remaining healthy female marijuana weeds.
It takes 2-7 days for the germination to take place. However, this will still depend on the following factors:
- Seed’s quality
Your goal is to germinate as much female marijuana plants as possible. And here are some ways to do it:
- Do germination stint twice (Just like most farmers do).
- Do the germination during hot season of the year (proven to have effective results).
- Use a grower mat (although this can be a bit expensive).
Once all the needed factors are present for the seed to germinate, the germination process will take place. A white, root shaped sprout will appear and will grow in length over time. Once the length has reached a quarter of an inch, you will need to transfer the seed to another medium. This can be a pot or rockwool tray. This time, it will be a baby plant which will be relocated to the hydroponic system or garden (whichever your choice of medium is).
Techniques in Seed Germination
The germination process can be very crucial since, at this point in time, the seed can be very fragile. Since marijuana seeds are expensive, it is wise to practice germinating seeds of other plants first.
Below are the different methods you can employ:
This is the most reliable option, regardless of the seed you intend to germinate. Here is the step by step guide:
- Prepare a coffee cup filled with warm water.
- Soak the marijuana seed into the warm water.
- Get rid of the floating seeds since viable seeds will usually sink.
- Keep the seed from the light by covering the cup with a lid.
- Germination will take place in 2 days; others will only take 24 hours, depending on several factors that can affect the germination process.
- Propagation Kits
This is an affordable method you can try. And since this is result oriented, it can work in your favor. Just follow the steps below:
- Pour seeds from tiny holes.
- Add the germination hormone.
Note: This can be bought at very affordable cost but you can also create one.
- Soil Germination
Since this method is effective and easy, many farmers use it. Here’s how this is done:
- You will need a pot filled with soil, with holes on its bottom
- Pour water into the pot, and let it drain
- Using any pointed object (e.g. pencil); dig the soil about a quarter inch deep.
- Plant the seed and fill the space up with soil.
- Keep the soil moist by spraying water on it until the seed begins to produce sprout.
Note: For a 78 degree Fahrenheit soil, you need to have a normal room temperature. The entire germination process may take 5-7 days.
- Peat Briquette Germination
So far, this is the most reliable and safest germination method today.
- Let the Peat briquette swell by soaking it in water.
- Maintain 95 degrees Fahrenheit temperature to keep it hot.
- Retain moisture and watch out for growing sprouts.
- Use a paper towel
For this method, you will need:
- 2 dishes
- Paper towels
- Bring water to a boil and use this to rinse the dishes to get rid of any germs on it.
- Wet paper towels by soaking them in hot water. Squeeze them, so they will just be warm and damp.
- Line paper towel on the dish and put seeds on top of it. Cover this using another paper towel and the second dish. This is to prevent exposure to any light (whether it is from the sun or other sources).
- Germination will take place in 2-5 days using this method.
Note: Remove the seeds from the towel right away as soon as you spotted sprouts growing from them.
When the seed has grown a quarter inch long, this signifies that it is now ready to be replanted in a pot. Here, it will grow into a small marijuana weed. Seeding will allow the seed to grow a pair of 2 leaves. This is termed as “cotyledon” or “seeding leaf”. The main function of cotyledon is for food storage and to sustain the health of the upcoming plant. Once the real leaves grow, the cotyledon will start to look pale, turns yellowish and finally fall from the plant. This point can be very crucial and this will require intense plant care.
The real marijuana leaves come with 3 lamina growth. Refrain from excessive watering of the plant since this would only damage it. Also, be vigilant on the amount of light the plant receives since this can affect its growth significantly as well.
Take note that at this stage, the plant grows very slowly. However, you need to understand that a lot has been happening from its inside. Much of the growth happens inside, like the roots. Hence, there is no need to add fertilizer or water to improve its growth rate. This will instead kill the plant if you do so. Just make sure that the plant is receiving enough light that it needs and around 16 hours of light daily must be provided.
After seeding, the next step is transplanting. You can do this in a garden or use a hydroponic system. On this medium, the plant will grow to a top quality weed. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Dig a hole.
- Place the seed inside.
There is no need to worry if you happen to drop the seedling along with rockwool tube. This will have no effect on the plant’s growth.
Things to remember:
Now that you have started growing the plant, expect this to become a powerful crop. However, you need to be mindful on some things as listed below:
- Watch out for nutrient deficiency or efficiency. They present similar symptoms.
- Check if the plant is growing well.
- Color – Must be perfect green. Perhaps you would notice the stem to be purple in color. Well, don’t panic since this is normal and can be influenced by its genes.
- Branches – Must be sturdy and dense.
- Assess if everything else looks fine to know if it is growing correctly.
- Maintain high humidity for indoor plants. Female plants need this. Low humidity is for male plants.
- Keep the temperature low since high temperature only sustains male plant growth.
- Boosts the female plant’s growth using blue spectrum light energy. Its red counterpart is for male plant’s growth.
- Low nitrogen and potassium level are needed for the female plant to grow as well.
You have now reached the most important topics in growing marijuana. Still, it is up to you to decide which method and medium you will employ. The next topics to be discussed are:
- Growing Marijuana Plant with Soil Used for Germination Process
- Growing Marijuana Plant Using Cloning Process
- Growing Marijuana Plant Hydroponically
Still, growing with soil is highly recommended. This is because using this medium is not just affordable but it comes with fewer risks as well. However, you are to decide whether you will grow the plant indoor or outdoor. But before you decide on this matter, it is best that you gather some ideas first which will help you identify what option suits you best.
Growing Marijuana Plant with Soil Used for Germination Process
If you are just growing marijuana for personal use, there is no need to stretch your garden for a large business project. You can grow the plant in containers instead. Because growing in containers can easily be managed, it guarantees you less failure.
Growing in Containers
The advantage of growing plants in a container is the accessibility of checking the plant individually. Hence, you get to identify undergrowth or discover a rotten plant easily. You can use a small bucket, pot, wooden box and other forms of containers. Just make sure to create holes on the bottom at around 1 cm. in size where water can drain through.
A dark colored container is more preferable, especially black. This makes it easy to propagate light into its roots. Starting with smaller containers is highly advisable since they are easy to manage. However, the plant’s roots can grow very long, hence the need to transfer the plant to a larger container when this happens. There are farmers who opt to plant cannabis in small plastic shoppers for a practical reason. This makes it easier to transfer the plant to a bigger container once it has grown.
You can make your imagination work when it comes to containers. In fact, you can make one of your own. You can use old pots, bowls or broad sized bottles. Don’t forget to clean them before using and add holes on their bottom where excess water can drain.
Growing in the Ground
Growing indoor can be your only option if there is no place in your home where you can grow the plant in the ground. However, if you have an extra space with abundant sunlight then may as well grow the plant in the ground. Make sure they have uniform spacing in between to maximize productivity.
Important things you need to know
If you are growing cannabis using soil, make sure to:
- Choose the type of soil to use. This must allow excess water to drain but not to the extent of leaving the soil too dry.
- Make sure that the soil has the needed nutrients, texture and pH level to sustain the growth of the plant. The texture must be light and fluffy.
- The use of organic soil is highly suggested.
This is the time when you need to relocate your plant from small containers to bigger areas where you can cultivate them even more. Though this step can be straightforward, it can be tricky at times. Make sure that you remove not just the plant but also its roots and the soil that was filled in the small container. Then you have to dig a hole in the new area where you will transfer the marijuana plant. Take note that the transfer process can somewhat cause damage to the plant’s root system. Hence, allow it time to settle down. It is best to transplant it at night so the plant can rest before it starts functioning when the sun is up.
The soil to be used must have its needed nutrients to maximize the growth of marijuana plant. Below are the lists of nutrients needed:
This is needed for the plant’s respiration and photosynthesis. When it starts to flower, the plants need more of this nutrient than nitrogen.
This sustains the growth of the stem and leaf. A lack of this type of nutrient will make the leaf turn yellow. This is needed most especially during vegetation stage so the plant will appear healthy.
This is essential for the production of sugar and its transportation within the plant. This is also needed for the plant’s absorption and rapid growth.
You may wonder how marijuana plant must be watered. The answer to this question will depend on the light’s intensity and its container. If you are using HED light, you need to know that this significantly affects the plant’s water level. However, you need to water the plant every other day. Aside from water, the plant also needs air. Hence, a little dryness can help. However, excessive dryness may denote dehydration which will not be good for the plant’s health.
A pH level of 6.2 to 6.7 must be maintained for the plant to survive. If you don’t take this matter seriously, you may end up with a devastated crop.
The use of too much fertilizer and excessive watering can alter the plant’s pH level. Hence, before attempting to apply fertilizer, it is best to do some search about it first. If you want to be practical, you can use horse manure as fertilizer. So, there’s no need to make an extensive search to look for its expensive counterpart.
So, we have discussed a lot of essential topics already which includes the marijuana’s growth process and its seed germination. We also tackled how we sow the seed and initiate its production. If you want to know the best method to grow this plant as proven by indoor marijuana growers and farmers then may as well read on.
Note: The clone coming from the mother plant is always expected to be a female plant.
If you are already growing healthy marijuana plants, may as well take advantage of them and do the cloning. But just like other methods, this has its own sets of drawbacks as well. And you need to know that a lot of marijuana growers are using this method.
- Saves time
It’s pretty easy and straightforward. After selecting the plant, you can go ahead with cloning and grow them. If you use the seed method, it takes a while before the seed grows into a plant.
Since you are taking the clones out from your existing plants, there’s no need to shell out some cash.
- Female plants are 100% guaranteed
- Production can happen very early.
- The clones are expected to have better taste, aroma and after effects.
- Have higher risks to viruses, infection and fatal illnesses due to genetic uniformity.
- Have the exact similar taste, after effects and fragrance, unlike the seed process where you can enjoy varieties.
- You need to master cloning so you won’t end up getting the wrong plant, otherwise, this will pose the risk of infection to your other plants.
- Mishandling marijuana plants can cause damage to the plant which may lead to its death,
- Clones are very fragile and handling them well can be a challenge.
- Since clones are all females, the challenge lies in its breeding process in the future.
- Choose a mother plant and make sure the donor is productive, healthy or free from any illness.
- Gather 50% more than your needed number of clones since not all of them will survive.
- Sanitize your hands and tools before cloning. Use antibacterial soap in washing.
- Prepare pH balance medium if immediate planting is intended.
- When planting clones, make sure that all your harvested clones are within reach.
- Choose clones having 2-3 nodes only since shorter ones are more preferable.
- A fungicidal-b1 mix rooting solution is needed for treatment. This helps in the production of the fruitful and healthy plant.
- Set clones in rockwool cubes after soaking the cubes with pH balance solution overnight.
- A “no damp solution” has to be sprayed inside the humidity dome. Spraying the clone directly will result to powdery mildew.
- Make sure that the covered clone tray (installed with a humidity dome) receives sufficient amount of fluorescent light. If natural sunlight is not available, you can use a T9 grow light or HID light.
- The clone tray must be uncovered daily to allow air propagation.
- On the 5th day, remove the humidity dome from the tray.
- Check if the plant is already rooted. This can be easily recognized when it does not just slip off from the cube. Only do this on the 10th day
- Some of the plants’ leaves may turn yellow during the rooting process but this is just normal. It happens when the plant took in all nutrients coming from the fan leaves.
- Spraying the plant with water is essential before it starts to grow roots. And when roots start to grow, you need to make sure that you water it correctly.
- Rooting solution must be drained out from the cube since it is no longer needed.
- Check for wilting. And if this does not happen in 4-6 hours, you can continue with the process.
- You now have the option to plant the weeds in a soil or use HID lights.
- In the vegetation phase, make sure it receives light for 15-18 hours.
How to prevent clones from wilting
You may notice that your clone is wilting. In such case, don’t panic. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check its proper placement on its medium.
- Check the lighting for its brightness. Too much light will cause the plant to wilt. Only allow enough light needed by the plant.
Following the above-mentioned instruction will surely solve the plant’s wilting issues. Growing marijuana is a “progressive learning” experience. And the minute details of it can be learned over time.
This type of medium is more productive than its other counterparts. However, as with other methods, it has its own pros and cons as well. Some of these are listed below:
- Considered a clean process since no soil is involved. This means you don’t need to worry about dirt and filth. Hence, this is less messy.
- You have control over the plant’s growing process. Hence, there’s no need to worry about environmental pollution.
- Has high-quality yield with great quantity.
- Root drowning or dry spot is never an issue.
- With water in the system, it will require no additional water at all, hence cost-effective on this part.
- Controlled nutrients.
- Yield is with good quality and refined.
- Prevention of insect attacks and infection can easily be handled.
- Shorter growth time needed with greater yields.
- Can be set anywhere, even in your bedroom.
- Regular monitoring is needed.
- Dependent on electricity.
- A single mistake can damage the entire system.
Growing Marijuana Plant Hydroponically
- Prepare the needed items including clones or seeds (whichever you prefer), hydroponic nutrients, white color paint, containers, timer, fluorescent lighting system, and pH detector.
- For greater weed production, prepare your walls. With indoor planting, you need to set the fluorescent (or other light sources) at placee that will allow it to supply the plant with its needed light. Paint your wall with semi-gloss white color to make it highly reflecting. You can also employ Mylar but take note that it may have an extreme effect on the heat and light which can cause the plants to burn.
- Set lights by hanging them at the right spot adjacent to the plants.
- The average growing plant requires 3000 lumens in every square foot. With higher yields, this will need around 7000 to 1000 lumens in every square foot. Hence, when setting the light, you need to figure out how much light it needs to survive. More than 90% Fahrenheit temperature is intolerable for a marijuana plant, resulting in burns.
- Proper ventilation is needed.
- Seeds can also be used but only after its successful germination and initial growth in a rockwool block.
- The hydroponic system must be fed with nutrients and water. Maintain a pH level of 5.0-6.0. Overfeeding of extra nutrients must not be done since this may spoil the weed. The safest trick is to start with a small amount of nutrient, increasing gradually over time.
- Ensure that the environmental conditions are conducive for the plant’s vegetation and flowering.
- The plant’s growth time can be calculated from its height. During the vegetative stage, it is 6” to 18” in height. This doubles in the flowering stage.
- During the flowering phase, the lighting has to be balanced and must be provided for 12 hours a day.
- Seeds growing white hairs are female plants while those with small balls resembling grapes are male ones.
- Once males are identified, remove them from the plants to prevent pollination of females which causes un-potent taste to the plant.
- Wait for the plant to mature. This will depend on the system used. Mature Cannabis Sativa ideally grows in 6-12 weeks.
- A week prior to its harvest, water the plant. If you have employed nutrients in the whole process, you can taste when smoking cannabis.
- Harvest time comes when the plants turned brown. This is if 50% – 75% pistils changed to brown.
Role of the Light
Light plays an important role in marijuana plant’s growth. If you have decided to grow the plant indoor, you have many lighting options to choose from. Among them are reflectors, bulbs, ballast or timer and many other types. Lighting systems that produce the needed light are result oriented. This helps activates the plant’s hormones needed for the plant’s growth.
Light and its roles
When choosing the type of light to employ, be mindful of its temperature and color. You need to know that varieties of colors produce various impacts.
Note: Do not choose lights more than 1000 watt. Less than this will be enough.
Indoor plant growing will need an artificial light source. Here are some information that can be of help as you make your choice:
Fluorescent and LED grow lights – Great sources of lighting
Compact Fluorescent Light (CFL) – This is very easy to access since it’ available everywhere in the market.
LED Lighting System – It’s good quality is the production of full spectrum light and low-level heat. Hence, it is highly regarded for indoor plant growing. You can find more information about selecting a full spectrum LED grow light here.
The light source will determine the distance needed between the plant and the light. If the light is heat emitting then position it a bit further above the plant. If it’s not heat-emitting, it can be hanged at 10-14 inches height away from the plant.
At various stages of the plant’s growth, different lighting schedules are needed.
Seeding Phase – 16 -18 hours proper lighting is needed.
Vegetative Stage – 18-24 hours of lighting per day is required.
Flowering Phase – 12 hours of lighting is necessary.
The marijuana plant is mainly nourished by its lighting sources. Hence, you must never go wrong on this part to ensure a healthy growing Cannabis Sativa plant.
For newbies, harvesting is the hardest part. However, this is definitely wrong since this is the time when you get to enjoy the fruits of your hard labor.
When is the right time to harvest
Once you notice the hairs of the covering buds turned from white to dark brown, this tells that the plant’s yields are now ready to harvest. So once the color has turned dark brown, gather all your harvesting tools and be ready to harvest the plant.
How to harvest
Early morning is the best time to start. Though the task is not as hard as you may think it is, you need to know in advance that it can be time-consuming. Start cutting from its roots, starting with the larger and heavier plants first. Cutting is followed by manicuring and trimming. As for the harvested plants, take them to the area where you intend to dry them.
The most practical way to dry marijuana plant is to expose them to an open-air. However, if you have the budget and wants it dried efficiently in less time, you may opt for drying machines.
The right time to harvest
Experts suggest harvesting while it is dark. Female plants store food at night, in preparation for photosynthesis the following day. This applies for outdoor marijuana growers. However, if you planted indoor, you have to schedule your harvest according to your lighting schedule. If you happen to turn on the light at night then daytime will be the best harvest time for your weeds.
Prior to the actual harvest, you have to plan everything, not only the time when you will harvest but also how long this will be done. Of course, you need to consider the number of plants to be harvested and estimate how long cutting will be done to each of them. This way, you would know when you will finish all the work.
Making a Tasty and Burnable Weed
Cutting wouldn’t kill the plant. Their lives will only end once they are deprived of water. Hence, it is best to leave them for 7 days under 70 degrees Fahrenheit temperature with 50% humidity. This will dry its humidity. It is ideal to dry the plant gradually and keep the process at a slow pace.
To make a tasty weed, curing must be done after drying. If you failed to follow the standards, it will require a longer time to cure the weed. This is the reason why professional growers only need a shorter time to dry the plant since they know how to harvest the plant right. Curing is essential since it helps the weed produce a perfect smoke and make it smooth as well. Buds are cured for 2 weeks and maximum curing time can take around 14-16 days.
Impatient growers who rush things will end up with low quality and less potent yield. So, if you want to get everything right, let the buds take its needed time to cure completely. If done right, the THC is converted into the best psychoactive agent. However, if you are impatient and rush things, expect a low quality and less aromatic weed.
Important facts to remember:
- THC is Marijuana’s psychoactive content. It makes you feel high when you smoke the weed.
- Once the weed was cured and dried, this becomes more palatable than its fresh counterpart.
- Rushing the drying process makes the weed frail. Ideally, humidity must be maintained from 45% to 55% only.
- When curing, you must allow air exchange to have the best result. So, open the jars’ bins not more than 10 minutes. Do this repeatedly every 4 hours.
The purpose of this guide is to make marijuana growing easy, especially to newbies. Of course, there are books you can find that tackles the same topic. I have read a lot of them. However, they appear to be confusing, especially to those who are just starting to grow marijuana plant, hence the reason why I tried to simplify everything. However, I still give credit to the authors of the books I have read, they are actually the sources of all the knowledge that I have acquired about planting cannabis.
I have written all the essential phases of growing marijuana. First, are the two mediums you can use for planting; the soil and hydroponic system. Second, I have taught you on the ways of planting cannabis that is by seed and by cloning. Third, I have walked you through the process of indoor marijuana planting. And lastly, I have given you a bird’s eye view about harvesting marijuana weeds followed by drying and curing. I have also added alternative methods you can choose from. This way, you can select what suits you best.
I wish you all the success in your marijuana growing project. I know that as you follow this guide, all your efforts will pay off in the end.