Now that you’ve decided to shift or try vaping, this review we prepared will help you find your right match. Some vaporizer units are available in as low as $99 while others can be as expensive as $330. Though portable weed vaporizers are generally handy, some may still be heavier and bigger to carry around comfortably. Each unit also comes with its own unique set of features that are designed to offer convenience to users. Powered by 1-2 batteries, some can be removed and replaced while others are built-in that require at least 30 minutes to recharge. So, read on to learn more about our top picks, its types, and how you can choose the best weed vaporizers.
6 Best Weed Vaporizers Reviews 2023
This Pax 3 vaporizer is the latest version of Pax from its series of portable vapes. The polished anodized aluminum finish comes in 3 different colors that give it a sleek look. It also has an efficient vibration notification that works with a haptic feedback system for a convenient experience. Its battery has a bigger capacity that lets you use the device for multiple sessions. Compared with regular vaporizers, this portable device can be connected to an advanced smartphone for hassle-free control. It is even designed with an ample oven lid that fits in enough herbs for more vaping sessions.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 0.70 pounds with 2.5 x 5.25 x 5.25 inches product dimension
- Powered by a 110V lithium-ion battery with 3500 mAh capacity and about 90 minutes charging time
- 60+ temperature setting allows you to toggle your desired temperature from 360 to 420°F
- Half-pack open lid insert allows you to enjoy about 2 sessions with enough herb chamber
- Portable type with dried herbs and waxy oils compatibility delivers a smoother vapor with a more intense flavor
- Heat control lets you customize its temperature through its mobile app and access its 4 modes: boost, efficiency, stealth, and flavor mode
- Vibration notifications with haptic feedback alert you in your hand or pocket through its mobile app
With PAX Mobile app, there’s no doubt that this is the most convenient vaporizers on the market today. Its Bluetooth enabled app makes it easier to know when the device already reached our desired temperature or not. Most importantly, it comes with a complete kit which is really handy for a complete vaping experience.
- Constructed with safe and medical grade materials
- Works in 8 to 10 sessions when fully charged
- Connects easily on most smartphones via Bluetooth
- Guarantees the most discreet and convenient vaping experience for all types of users
- Available in a more expensive price compared with other portable devices
- Not as smooth like other concentrated vaporizers
Known as the latest version of Firefly vaporizer, this device is crafted with a glass vapor path. It has a convection heating style that is compatible with dried herbs and wax in an oven material. With removable and swappable batteries you can enjoy about 50 hits per battery life. As a redesigned version, you can now control it using its exclusive mobile app which you can download on any iOS and Android devices. Its dual touch sensors also help you save its battery life by activating and heating it up only when needed.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 1.25 pounds with 2 x 7 x 7 inches product dimension
- Dynamic convection technology provides a richer and more flavorful vapor on your desired temperature that ranges from 340 to 420°F
- Dual touch sensors let you activate it and heat up in seconds
- Borosilicate glass bowl with magnetic lid allows you to load and clean the device in a breeze
- 2x swappable batteries ensure you that your vaporizer will never run out of power
- 45-minute charging time makes it one of the fastest charging portable vaporizer
- Hassle-free to load and clean
- Ready to be used in just 3 seconds
- Cools down as quickly as it is when it heats up
- Provides a richer and flavorful vapor
- Allows you to control your dose on each breath
- One of the most costly portable vaporizers
- Can only take a smaller capacity of dry herb and wax
Known as a vaporizer with a twist, this device from G-Pen is certainly a sure seller. It features one of the biggest all ceramic heating chambers that can exceed your expectations. Thanks to its groundbreaking 360 heating element, you can finally make the most of your herbs through this vaporizer. It also comes with a full LED display on the side that shows its temperature and battery life indicator. Thus, you can customize and explore its different flavor profiles from low to high temperature.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 1 pound with 5 x 4.5 x 6.75 inches product dimension
- Enhanced full toggling temperature control lets you toggle its +/- button according to your preferred temperature from 200 to 428°F
- Exclusive design with Frost’s edgy yet unique and cool artwork covers its powerful heating system delivers the most enjoyable vapor anytime
- Huge chamber stores enough herbs with 0.75 gram capacity for longer vape sessions and fewer reloads
- 360 heating element vaporizes its contents thoroughly from all angles
- Designed with an ergonomic look and feel
- Heats up quickly for instant satisfaction
- Powered by the highest grade 110V lithium-ion battery with smart chip technology
- Sustains its battery life for longer vape sessions
- The mouthpiece gets a little hot when used for too long
- The battery is not removable
#4. Ascent Vaporizer
Chosen as the Editor’s Choice in this list, Ascent vaporizer is designed and crafted to provide the purest vapor. Compared with regular vaporizers in the market, it boasts a sleek combination of style and functionality. It uses a glass pathway that is made from 100% glass and a glass-coated ceramic bowl. Since it is available in 4 different styles, there’s no way you will not be pleased by this model. Its package includes a wall charger, glass stems, glass oil jars, a metal pick, and a carrying satchel. Whenever you need a high-tech vaporizer that you can carry around in your pocket, this is definitely a must-have. You can even manage its precision temperature that is shown on its display screen which is one of its advantages.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 1.45 pounds with 3.75 x 4.75 x 6 inches product dimension
- 4 unique styles with all glass path ensure that you always get the cleanest vapor that offers the best taste from a 100% glass mouthpiece
- OLED Display Screen that displays its accurate information about your heating temperature and battery life
- Precision temperature control allows you to customize the perfect temperature that is up to 430°F for vaporization
- Portable type of vaporizer with a direct draw delivery method
- Powered by a lithium rechargeable battery with over 3 hours of life and dual (110V + 220V)
- Compatible with dried herbs, waxy oils, and more
As our Editor’s Choice, this vaporizer from DaVinci is definitely one of the best deals. It only takes 23 seconds to heat up which is perfect for those who prefer a fast solution to boredom. Most importantly, it doesn’t have that metal, rubber, or plastic taste in the back of the throat which is great. Though a little heavy, we live that it’s pretty solid and durable.
- Lasts for long hours of continuous use
- Powered by a superior battery as its heat source
- Versatile and portable to carry around in your pocket
- Features a quick heat uptime
- Offers a customizable precision temperature for a better experience
- The hole in the glass mouthpiece is too small and becomes clogged easily
- The glass parts are too fragile and hard to clean
#5. Boundless CFX Vaporizer
As the Budget Pick, this is clearly more affordable than the first vaporizer above. This Boundless CFX has a rapid heating feature and an isolated air path. It also has a full HD screen that displays its full temperature range from 100°F to 430°F. It also has a vibration notification system that lets you know when once you reached your desired temperature. It is powered by 2 internal lithium batteries that can be recharged through its micro USB charging port. This uses a magnetic mouthpiece connection that you can swing easily whenever you need to use it. Moreover, it has a 5-minute auto shutoff mode that makes it easier to operate.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 1.20 pounds with 4 x 3.25 x 6.25 inches product dimension
- Powered by 2 pieces of 110V, 80W internal lithium batteries with 2500 mAh capacity
- Compatible with the vaporization of herbs that pass through its ceramic chamber
- Hybrid conduction and convection heating system ensures its efficient function
- Full 1.77 inches TFT HD screen displays its current heat temperature that is presented in numerals
- Session timer lets you know the remaining time before it automatically shuts off which switches it On/Off
- Rugged exterior casing gives it a sleek and cool design that is comfortable to hold
Perfect for budget seekers, this vaporizer from Boundless is available in less than $180. Even though its batteries are not removable, we like that it can be fully charged in just 30 minutes. Its premium screen also displays clear and bright image which is handy when monitoring its performance.
- Very portable and affordable
- Heats up the device in just 20 seconds or less
- Lasts after 10 to 15 sessions per charge
- Easy to operate with a standby mode and auto shutoff
- One of the fastest and most efficient vaporizers
- The pathway gets clogged easily
- The size is a little bigger for a portable vaporizer
- Creates a small cloud size only
For such an affordable portable vaporizer, this is really a good steal from K-Vape. It’s not as efficient and stylish as K-Vape’s high-end models but you can’t really expect much from its price, right? Regardless, it’s a handy device that you can carry easily in your pockets. It has additional protection against overheating and a large herb chamber to ensure longer sessions. It’s also easy to load and with a rubber O-ring and small lowered indentation around it.
Features and Specifications:
- Weighs 0.55 pound with 2.25 x 2.75 x 6.75 inches product dimension
- True convection technology lets you heat up your herbs without experiencing any kind of combustion while vaporizing
- 3 different temperature settings such as 360°F, 380°F, and 420°F gives you complete control over its vapor quality
- Huge power button requires you to press it 5 times to unlock and activate it
- Large stainless steel 0.6 grams herb chamber lets you enjoy vape sessions without a metallic taste
- 5-minute auto-shutoff design helps save its 110V internal battery
- Perfect for budget-seekers
- Ideal for both first time and veteran vaporizers
- One of the first portable and herbal vaporizers
- Heats up in just 30 seconds
- Utilizes true convection heating with no combustion
- Takes 1 to 2 hours to be fully charged
- The mouthpiece has an awkward shape to fit your lips better
Types of Portable Weed Vaporizer
As our technology continues to evolve over time, more and more portable devices arrive on the market. Since cigarettes were known for being one of the most sold products in the world, vaporizers also appeared. So instead of smoking and burning tobacco right through your fingers, vaporizers use e-juice as an alternative. Depending on your taste and preference, you can choose from different flavors and amount of nicotine in the e-juice. Of course, smoking weed is no longer a new thing as well as weed vaporizers.
Convection Style Vaporizer
In fact, the first known portable vaporizer was created by Eagle Bill Amato and launched in 1994. This vaporizer called the “Shake and Vape” was designed as a glass pipe with an herb chamber. It was inserted on a bulb-shaped glass where the flame was applied. The heat in the bulb would then vaporize the herb inside its chamber. Thus, “Shake and Vape” was considered as the first ever portable vaporizer that has a convection style. In 2000, the first electronic vaporizer was launched by Vapir in the market.
Conduction Style Vaporizerand Self-Contained Butane Vaporizer
It was a plug-in device that you can connect to a battery pack to make it portable. This device from Vapir was also known as the first portable vaporizer with a conduction style. In 2002, the non-electric portable vaporizer was introduced called the “Vapor Genie”. It works like the “Shake and Vape” vaporizer but it has an internal lighter that provides its source of heat. The first self-contained butane portable vaporizer was introduced in 2008 called “Oglesby & Butler” by the lolite.
Battery-Powered Vaporizer (with removable battery)
This type of vaporizer didn’t need an external lighter to work since it has a butane container an ignition switch. It also has a built-in temperature monitor that could automatically cut off the flow of butane one it reached its proper temperature. When removable battery became the thing, the “Magic Flight Launch Box” was introduced in 2009. This vaporizer was so small that you could use it discreetly while hidden in your palm. It has a small battery that has the shape of a standard AA battery.
Pen Style Vaporizer and High-End Vaporizer
Due to its portability, affordability, and durability, it became an in-demand vaporizer that was 100% made in the USA. Then, the pen-style portable vaporizer called the “Raw” was launched in the early 2010s by Atmos. It has an e-cigarette design which gave it a small and sleek look. Lastly, the first high-end portable vaporizer was introduced by Arizer Tech in 2011 and called it the “Arizer Solo. Compared with the first electronic vaporizers, this unit features a bigger herb chamber that delivers more hits that time.
How to Choose the Best Portable Weed Vaporizer?
Since there are literally tons of portable weed vaporizer in the market, shopping can be a little overwhelming. Without ample knowledge about vaporizers, you can end up wasting a huge amount of money on poorly made units. Whether you are a pro or not when it comes to using vaporizers, there are some things to take note. But since you want to find the best portable weed vaporizer in the market, here’s how you can pick yours:
- Check its heating elements
Even portable vaporizers operate by using one of two heating methods just like desktop vaporizers. These different heating methods include convection and conduction. Conduction heating elements transfer heat with direct contact between its hot components and dried herbs. Thus, most portable vaporizers today utilize this method which involves the heating chambers and heating coils. Heating coils contain a metal coil that glows with a red-hot when it is activated.
Once its temperature reaches over 750°F which is above the combustion level, you’ll be burning dried herbs instead of vaporizing. Thus, many portable vaporizers now use ceramic screens or filters to separate the herb from the heating element. On the other hand, heating chambers utilize glass, metal bowl, or ceramic that is located near the heating element. Its heating element is an interior part that you can’t access during the vape sessions. Its closeness to the heating element results to a faster transfer of heat and more precise control of temperature.
- Temperature Control
With the given products above, it’s clear the temperature control plays a vital role in the best portable vaporizers. Looking for this feature allows you to preset the temperature you want for distinct vapor quality and experience. Some models have 1 heat setting only while others can have more than 3 heat settings. There are also models that depend on its temperature based on its removable battery that you can insert manually whenever necessary. In this case, you’d need more experience to estimate the amount of time to get the right temperature you need.
Most portable weed vaporizers today offer attachments and add-ons to enhance your vape sessions. One of the most common attachments is the self-contained glass a.k.a. the “bubbler” for the water filtration. This is where the vapor passes through without spilling. Meanwhile, the pathway holes facilitate the heat transfer from vapor and into the water. This process cools down the vapor and allows a smoother draw of vapor. Moreover, some models from different brands use adapters that let the water flow through the pipe.
May it be the convection or conduction style portable unit you need, there’s no doubt that a vaporizer is indeed worth it. You can carry it around anywhere you are without dealing with cords. You can even charge it anywhere or simply replace its battery in case you run out of battery. Depending on your needs, this review can help you find the best portable weed vaporizer. So, be sure to check out and compare each product features and specifications. You might want to consider your budget too since some units are really pricey.